Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Patchless

Happy Tuesday friends. I've been waiting to write this post till I was sure it was going last so here it goes.....AFTER ALMOST 2 AND A HALF YEARS, I AM OFFICIALLY OFF MY PAIN PATCH!! I took off the patch on Halloween night because after not meeting my first goal of being off by October 1, I made a second goal of November 1. Again, I had to wait a few days to see how my body would respond being without it and I didn't even mention it to Harrison or my family till a few days later because I didn't want to jinx it.

A few people have asked me if I was proud of myself for what I've accomplished and for some reason, I've had a hard time saying yes. I know it is an accomplishment but I think because I have had endure the loss of many other goals, such as work achievements and my Masters degree, I feel that making this step isn't really anything to be proud of because its just something I had to do to make any type of progress toward the things I want in my life. I'm glad the process is over but I'm also worried about the next phase. I've found myself getting caught up in what i want to happen and accomplish next and where I want to be 6 months from now. I have to remind myself sometimes to slow down and that I have accomplished something and its ok to be proud of myself.

We had a great weekend in Boone with family and friends. The weather was beautiful and it was nice to not have a schedule and to just be able to relax and enjoy the company of people you love and care about. I have been really active since Thursday and have pushed myself passed its limits so my body hasn't exactly been happy with me since we got home but I feel like it was worth it.

Thanks for reading and thank you to all of you who have supported me and encouraged me the past few months as I have been going through the weaning process. I could not have done it without you. I love you all. You have no idea how thankful I am for each and everyone of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment