Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cleveland Clinic

Dear friends,
After months of nothing really to report except going to see doctors and having tests run, I do have something to report that I am hopeful maybe the answer to finally finding out what is going on with my health. My wonderful mother-in-law Cary has a connection with a doctor at Cleveland Clinic and talked with him at length at Bill Haslam's party for the republican nomination. He told her to send him a brief synopsis of my history which we did. After that Cary was given a 2 page patient registration form to fill out which we also completed. We are now at the point of gathering my patient records from my doctors here in Knoxville. We are not sure how long the process will take for me to actually take to become a patient there. Cleveland clinic has a very good reputation. My aunt was having some medical problems and saw some of the best doctors in Richmond, Va over the course of many months. She ended up going to Cleveland clinic and was diagnosed in 3 days!! I can only pray that I will be so lucky. I don't like thinking about being hospitalized and having a multitude of tests run on me, but if it is a means to an end, I am prepared to do whatever it takes to get my life back. My biggest fear is that even the most advanced diagnostic center won't be able to put the puzzle pieces of all my health concerns together to come up with one treatable diagnosis. The least I can hope for is less pain, more days where the pain is tolerable without heavy pain medication, and the possibility of returning to my job part time. If I could even spend one day a week or one day every other week taking care of those sweet, innocent little neonates, it would bring so much joy and meaning back into my life. That would be the most amazing gift of all after these difficult 18 months.

I know I say this with each post but I want to thank all my wonderful supportive, loving friends who read this and pray for me. I cant thank you enough. You are all wonderful blessings from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment