Saturday, May 10, 2014

Bumpdate: 18 weeks!

The past couple weeks have been busy and uneventful for the most part.  We had an appointment at 16 weeks that went well for the most part. We did not get an ultrasound that day but did hear the heartbeat.  It was going strong in the 150s.  We have our anatomy ultrasound and gender scan on Wednesday this week which I am really excited about.  I am excited to stop calling it "the baby" or "it" and begin shopping and designing the nursery.

Now that the bump has officially made its appearance, I thought it'd be fun to start doing weekly bump updates to show my progress.





How far along: 18 weeks

Trimester: Second

Size of the baby: 5 1/2 inches and about 7 ounces.  About the size of a bell pepper. 

Gender: Finding out this week! 

Maternity clothes: Most of my normal clothes still fit although some things are getting snug.  I got some maternity stuff from my sister and finally  bought a few basic pieces at Old Navy to start wearing. 

Stretch marks: Not yet!  

Sleep: Varies night to night but for the most part it's pretty good.  Waking up at least once to go to the bathroom but usually able to fall back asleep fine. 

Best moment this week: This past week was a bit rough as I hurt my back and spent the week in bed.  Visited the chiropractor a couple times and he thinks carrying the weight in front is starting to affect me some but hopefully with regular visits we can keep in under control! 

Miss anything: With the warmer weather and the beautiful days, I miss being able to indulge in ice cold beer or glass of wine but I know its totally worth it and the non alcoholic stuff isn't too bad!! 

Movement: Nothing for sure yet.  I have had a couple moments when I thought maybe I felt something but it could have been my stomach!  

Symptoms:  Haven't gotten sick in a little over a week! Yay!  Minor cramping at times and round ligament pain when I sneeze or move quickly. 

Cravings: Lots of salty foods and carbs like baked potatoes and pasta. 

Looking forward to: Finding out the gender this week and our gender reveal party on Friday! 

1 comment:

  1. Looking good!! So excited for you to find out the sex this week!!

    ReplyDelete